Smile. Believe. Persevere. Succeed.
Our Mission Statement
The dedicated team at South Benfleet Primary School aims to provide a happy, caring, community of learners where all are welcomed and valued and where learning is fun, real, relevant and memorable.
We strive to ensure that our children acquire responsibility, tolerance and understanding and develop respect for themselves, each other, their families, our local community and the environment.
We want our pupils to be cooperative and have high self-esteem and develop the motivation, knowledge and skills to prepare them for the world of tomorrow.
Our Golden Rules
- We try our best.
- We are kind.
- We listen and show respect.
- We do as we are asked.
- We tell the truth.
- We look after things.
Key information about our school:
- We are a large primary school with over 400 pupils organised into 14 classes. We are fortunate to be able to offer single year group classes i.e. no mixed age year group classes.
- South Benfleet Primary School caters for children from the September after their fourth birthday right up until they are eleven years old and transfer to secondary school.
- We teach a theme based curriculum which links learning, helping to make it fun, real, relevant and memorable.
- We are proud of the school buildings which are of a traditional design and layout but are being continuously updated and improved.
- We have a purpose built computer suite, a library and a large play and multisport space.
- We make good use of our own school field and swimming pool.
- We have several successful school sports teams and enter a variety of local competitions.
- We have a purpose built Foundation Stage unit (for the 4-5 year olds) with attached external play areas.
- We have excellent and supportive parents who actively support the school and its aims.
- The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) meets regularly to arrange fun and fundraising events for children and children and parents. E.g. discos, fetes, quiz nights, arts and crafts sessions etc.